Structured Cable Technician
Lead installations, install, terminate, and test, voice, data and fiber cable, and install data racks.
- Install low-voltage cable following all TIA/EIA protocols and standards
- Install variations of fiber optical cable as well as terminating all types of ferrules (fiber heads)
- Installation of M.D.F. s (Main Distribution Frames) and I.D.F. s (Intermediate Distribution Frames)
- Cable testing and use of related equipment as well as labeling all user and service side locations
- Working with and delegating to sub-contractors out in the field ensuring quality and timely project completion
Competencies / Abilities / Knowledge
- Mechanically inclined
- Tech savvy
- Problem solving / analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer / Client Focus
- GED or High School Diploma required
- 1 - 3 years of field experience with low voltage cable installation
- Experience with cable termination and testing, copper and fiber termination
- Reading of floor plans and blueprints
- Working with building codes and protocols
- This job the use requires of a personal vehicle. The personal vehicle must be in good working condition and able to transport materials and 6ft ladder
- Company is headquartered in Santa Clarita, but job sites vary in location
- Mileage is paid
Includes, but is not limited to; construction sites, commercial spaces, and medical facilities.
At times you will be required to crawl in attic spaces and/or crawl spaces. Additionally, there will be times when you will be working at heights, either on a ladder or scissor lift.
This position will be required you to lift and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance and up to 100 pounds with assistance. You will be required to push large bulky items on rolling carts.
- $15/hr to $20/hr, based on experience
- Medical, Dental, and Life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Mileage on personal vehicle